Looking around at different websites, I've come to the conclusion that most companies aren't sure how to maximize their #brand for #sales and #marketing for lead generation with their #blogs. Here are the top six mistakes I've seen:
1. Talkin' to the wrong person. <hint> If you're talking about yourself, you're talking to and about the wrong person.
2. Not having a blog at all. <hint> #Hire a #writer. Seriously, this is just good business sense. And no, you can't do it all yourself.
3. Having old content--old being more than a week or two old. <hint> If you don't post regularly, people will stop reading. If they stop reading, they'll stop visiting. If they stop visiting, they'll forget you...and buy from someone else. (And yes, I am guilty of this mistake. Mea culpa.)
4. Using press releases as posts. <hint> What you need is a news archive in addition to the blog.
5. Writing with jargon and technospeak. I guess that's great if your ideal buyer is a techie. <hint> In my experience, someone else is holding the financial keys.
6. Not having a clear purpose to the blog. <hint> It's not a catchall for everything that comes down the pike that doesn't fit anywhere else.
Your blog is a place to regularly publish and promote new content related to your business and industry.
It allows you to attract the right people<hint: potential buyers>, promote offers to them to learn more, and bring them closer to your brand, ultimately to become customers.